Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Our Christmas Front Porch



I have always loved large front porches and our new home has a nice large wrap around porch. I was quite excited to get my decor out and see what looks I could create. My main purchase this year was to replace our failing incandescent strings with more LED. A couple years ago we bought two spools of lights for the roof line, but we wanted to replace more of them and took advantage of Home Depot's trade in deal.

We picked up a few sets of these icicle lights, they can switch between multicolor and warm white with the push of a button. A really cool idea, for us it's a great compromise as my little boys want everything "rainbow" and I prefer classic white.  I added the string to some faux garland I have had for years, and I mean like from when we were first married and many houses ago. Someday they will need to retire, but they seem to be still going strong and I found a place to use them on the porch.


In a previous post I wrote about adding greenery fillers to my patio pots. I aso added it to the small urn by the door.


 The dragon finds it nice to nap under


I also used some to perk up this terracotta quail.


I found two snowflake stakes at Hobby Lobby and added them to the pots. 


 The pots and arborvitie are wrapped in warm white twinkling LEDs.


 My thrift store grapevine deer is standing at attention.

 

I used my Kirkland brand swags outside this year. One on the door and two on either side of the porch entry. and added bright red bows to every post. The icicle garland run the whole length of the porch.

 The big shrub in font of the porch are sporting another set of color changing lights, here they are set to warm white. 

 Well that is our porch for 2014, Happy Holidays.

Linking up to:

Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment