Sunday, October 12, 2014

Halloween Candlelight Tour


Welcome to our cottage candlelight Halloween tour. We are a bit Halloween crazy around here, but we have two boys that are young enough to have sleepless nights if things look too creepy. So we go with classic Halloween colors, with a touch of cutesy and glitter. Of course lots of pumpkins everywhere. 


Our fireplace dressed with small pumpkins and gourds. My white owl vases, a white trellis I borrowed from the pouch, candles and a Halloween bunting that I picked up at an after season sale. 

I found these cute "haunted house" votives in a store on the island.


A touch of glittery spiders.


I switched out the vinyl ottoman for my hubby's wood trunk. It's wood adds some fall color to the room and it has great storage. More little pumpkins and my Pottery Barn napkin pillows. 


I use mostly LED candles. With my curious boys who like to experement by putting random things into flames, I only light real candles in high places, or after 8:30 P.M. So these candles are my friends, I can have the cozy glow anytime of the day, worry free. These happen to be the remote controlled candles from Costco, I'm pretty happy with them so far. 


The china hutch has been turned into a Halloween village. I collect Department 56 buildings and I love how they look at night. They also make some spooky sounds, so no need for a soundtrack if you have a Halloween party.



The nook's table is kept simple. A poison place mat and some leaves added to our lantern. The boys regularly slather the table with maple syrup, so I need the surface to be kept clear for wiping down. I have a black lace "spiderweb" table cloth I can put on it for a spooky dinner. 


Behind the sofa, more fall candle holders on top of a spooky runner. Can you spot the friendly ghost on the shelf? 



The old sewing machine has a friendly witch, and a spiderweb cauldron candle holder. My glass cabinets have some ceramic pumpkins added to the white and china.


And more ceramic pumpkins on the other side of the kitchen.





The stairs are decorated with a bit of creepy cloth and a garland. The entry table holds a friendly, glittery witch with her cauldron (really a scented wax warmer) a spell book that actually holds candy. One of the Pottery Barn napkins for color and some real leaves from our maple tree.


Thanks for visiting, come back soon for look at our outdoor Halloween decor. Check out our trip to the pumpkin patch too. 



Linking up to:



Uncommon Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment