Friday, October 24, 2014

House Spy Friday: Lincoln Park Cottage

Today I'm feeling whimsical... time to look at some Seattle area cottages to see if I can find something artsy with a bit of color.

I found a few great houses.. but this one caught my eye.


It's about 1,000 square feet. So definitely a cozy cottage.. I like the gray shingles with a bit of charcoal. I also love homeowners who are not afraid have their raised bed gardens front and center.. though it looks like they got staged with some ornamental plants, I would take those back out. There is nothing wrong with walking by your veggies regularly, or even better plant herbs along the side next to the walk. Nothing like the smell of basil and thyme in the summer.


A nice simple living room..pretty wood floors. Though I do think a wall other than yellow would show their color better. (Seattle seems to be the land of yellow living rooms)


I'm loving this dining space. The tomato painted walls with the green farm table and mixed up chairs. I love the simple pendant light and the HUGE window!


How fun is this kitchen? It looks like the homeowners are collectors of LeCreuset and have a mixed collection of colors. I also spy some bright enamel canisters, vintage coffee tin and lime colored mixer. The kitchen cabinets look vintage with simple white paint and bin pulls. The doors have been removed to show off collections and love the shelf with spices.


I'm not sure I would have ever thought to do a nursery in bright grass green. In this space it really works, look at all those windows! I love the vintage dresser and the white furniture. Simple decor and a cute bunting. 



This outdoor space is so peaceful. It really feels like you could be out in the country. I could see those trees strung with fairy lights for late night get togethers. 


Another view of the yard and it looks like the neighbors have a nice Craftsman home. Lots of green and bet you would get a lot of different birds visiting any feeders you put out. You would hardly know your living in the city. 









No comments:

Post a Comment