Saturday, September 27, 2014

Union Jack Dresser

My Union Jack dresser started life with me as a thrift store dresser. It had been painted with that textured stone paint.. it was cream with black flecks. The knobs were simple wood. I took it home and painted it glossy black and added antique gold pulls.
Here is what it looked like when I bought it.. I'm about to paint here, drawers are pulled out and hardware removed.

Then it lived in our house for a few years.. and onto another house. It was a good look with my Tuscan/vineyard decor at the time. 


Four years later I was ready for a new look. When we moved to a home that was a bit more cottage I had discovered Anne Sloan Chalk Pant and Union Jack dressers were popping up on Pinterest. I decided to take my own colorway. I love sage green, but I decided to go with Olive. It' made me think of military uniforms. I used two coats of  Olive and then taped off the Union Jack and painted the stripes with Old White. When it was dry I removed the tape, sanded and distressed with a sanding block and finished with a coat of clear wax. The black and cream paint came through when I distressed and really look great with the olive. 




Now this dresser is living happily in our island home. 


Linking up to:

Liz Marie Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment